Overnight road closures will advance construction as crews lift and install beams over the highway for future access points to the 95 Express Lanes Fredericksburg Extension.
Weather permitting, May 9-12* at 11 p.m. each night, all I-95 northbound regular lanes will be closed near Garrisonville Road/Route 610 in Stafford County and detoured onto the 95 Express Lanes for 1.5 miles and then shifted back onto the regular lanes. Tolls will not apply to drivers detoured on the Express Lanes. Northbound I-95 travelers should expect major delays.
Construction work will impact I-95 northbound and 95 Express Lanes traffic.
Here’s what to expect May 9-12 on I-95 North:
- At 10 p.m., all 95 southbound Express Lanes customers will be detoured off the Lanes, the final exit point to the I-95 southbound regular lanes will be near Joplin Road/Quantico.
- At 10:30 p.m., all traffic on the I-95 northbound regular lanes near Garrisonville Road/Route 610 will be detoured to the Express Lanes for one-and-a-half miles. Tolls will not apply to drivers routed onto the Express Lanes.
- Virginia State Police will help with driver safety during the detour onto the 95 Express Lanes.
- All I-95 northbound interchange ramps will remain open, at exit 143 (Aquia/Garrisonville) and exit 148 (Quantico).
- By 2 a.m., access to the northbound 95 Express Lanes will be available starting near Dumfries Road with tolls in place.
- At 4 a.m. entry points to the northbound 95 Express Lanes near Courthouse Road and Garrisonville Road will open with tolls in place.
*Tentatively scheduled for May 9-12.